Upgrading i-net Clear Reports 15 to >=16

Because of the different approach with system specific installers that i-net Clear Reports use since version 16 it is always necessary to uninstall an i-net Clear Reports version <=15 before you install an i-net Clear Reports version >= 16.

Necessary steps to update the older i-net Clear Reports version to version 16 or higher:

• Backup the report repository if it is stored in the installation directory of i-net Clear Reports
  • Export and backup the scheduler tasks
  • Rename the configuration to “Default” if you have used another name before. It need to be stored in the System scope, if i-net Clear Reports is running as Administrator ( e.g. as Windows service), otherwise User scope will be used
  • Import the scheduler tasks that were exported in step 2. Click the Save icon for each of the imported scheduler tasks
  • Stop the i-net Clear Reports service
  • Uninstall the older i-net Clear Reports version (do not check the options for deleting of files or associations)
  • Restart the server
  • Install i-net Clear Reports version 16+
  • Configuration, data source configurations and scheduler tasks should be migrated into the new version

If you use i-net Clear Reports on Linux then also read the FAQ entry: Upgrading i-net Clear Reports <=15 to >=16 on Linux (or moving from another OS).