Upgrading a product

Upgrading one of i-net software’s products is usually an installation into the same directory. The installer usually takes care of everything. Please note the following hints:

Before upgrading: Backup

Newer versions of i-net software products have a Maintance Module included that allows Backup and Restore of user data and configurations. Be advised that Backups should be done regularly - using the new Task Planner, coming with i-net Clear Reports 17, i-net PDFC 4.1 and i-net HelpDesk 8.1 - or manually before upgrading.

Upgrading a Minor Version (e.g. i-net Clear Reports 16.1 to 16.2)

The newer version can be installed directly into the same directory. No or little migration is required.

Upgrading a Major Version (e.g. i-net Clear Reports 16 to 17)

The upgrade of a major version with a direct successor (e.g. 16 to 17) should be done into the same directory. A migrator will take care of updating the configuration and data structures.

A Major Version upgrade requires an upgrade of the license as well. There is always a try-out period but you should make sure to have appropriate licenses for your production servers available. Please get in touch with sales@inetsoftware.de if there are any licensing questions.

Please check the Migration and Changes Documentation for changes that may affect your setup.

Upgrading from an older Major Version

You should check the Changes and Migration Documentation from in between and up to the desired Major Version. Since we’re actively working on our software there may be major differences and possibly incompatibilities. This is true especially if your are embedding or enhancing the software yourself.