The system requirements of the i-net PDFC Server depends on the expected usage and load. Here are some recommendations for a typical system. These values should support the comparison of about 100 standard PDF documents per hour without limitations:
- 64bit Operating System
- At least Dual Core CPU or Quad Core CPU
- At least 4 GB RAM
- The partition of the temporary directory should have at least 2 GB free disk space. If the partition has less than 1 GB left, the server will not start to prevent data corruption.
- The partition of the application data directory (Windows default: “
C:\ProgramData\i-net software”; Linux default: “
/home/pdfc” ) requires about 5 times the size of the PDF files per user.
- disk size = [User Count] * [files size] * 5
- for example: 100 User, 100 MB PDF files per user => 100 * 100 MB * 5 = 50 GB disk space required
- A solid state disk (SSD) can improve utilization if you want to upload and compare a large number of PDF documents.