[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

I receive the following error when connecting via ODBC driver to my database. What is the cause of the problem?

Report Error [615] 

The database returned the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application
    Database Error State: IM014
    Database Error Code: 0
    	at com.inet.report.ReportExceptionFactory.createReportException(SourceFile:45)
    	at com.inet.report.ReportExceptionFactory.createReportExceptionWithCause(SourceFile:143)
    	at com.inet.report.ReportExceptionFactory.createReportExceptionWithCause(SourceFile:177)
    	at com.inet.report.Datasource.dn(SourceFile:377)
    	at com.inet.report.Datasource.getConnection(SourceFile:265)
    	at com.inet.report.DatabaseTables.e(SourceFile:2637)
    	at com.inet.report.DatabaseTables.dh(SourceFile:2653)
    	at com.inet.report.cm.b(SourceFile:1633)
    	at com.inet.report.cm.a(SourceFile:1612)
    	at com.inet.report.bv.hG(SourceFile:1123)
    	at com.inet.report.bv.run(SourceFile:1244)
    	at com.inet.report.renderer.thread.b.a(SourceFile:107)
    	at com.inet.report.renderer.thread.b$b.run(SourceFile:262)

The cause of the problem is that you want use a 32 bit ODBC driver with an 64 bit application or a 64 bit ODBC driver with an 32 bit application.

To solve the problem you must change the architecture of the driver or of the application.

In the Windows task manager you can see if you use a 32 bit or 64 bit application. The name of a 32 bit process contains “(32 bit)” in its name.

The simplest solution is to install a driver and an ODBC DSN with the same bit architecture like the application.

As described by Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/942976) there is an ODBC data source administrator available for 32-bit and for 64-bit. You can find the ODBC data source manager (Odbcad32.exe) for 32-bit in the folder: %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64. The 64-bit version of this manager (Odbcad32.exe) can be found in the folder: %systemdrive%\Windows\System32. You need to use the ODBC data source manager with the same architecture as the architecture of the Java VM running i-net Clear Reports.

If it is not possible to change the ODBC data source because there is for example only a 32-bit version of the driver available, then you need to switch to the 32-bit version of i-net Clear Reports: